Treasures

Treasures

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A long journey...and finally, the victory lap.

Last week, September 1st, my mother who had been on a certain path that God was leading entered into the final lap..the victory lap. She often referred to this roadway in her wilderness as "the journey". One of her favorite sayings came from a song from long ago... it goes something like this: "My Lord knows the way through the wilderness; all I have to do is follow. Strength for today, He's mine all the way, and all I need for tomorrow. My Lord knows the way through the wilderness; all I have to do is follow." If anyone has been a stronghold of support in my life, it was my mom. She has always been the one cheering from the sidelines. Now she has joined that "great crowd of witnesses" and I can imagine she is leading the masses in finally worshipping at the feet of Jesus.

Along the way of this journey, Mom journeled through email..high-tech that she was...this is one of the many emails we, as a family received:

"I am "fresh every morning amazed" at the leading of the Lord in this sometimes arduous journey...just makes me more anxious for all my responses to be Christ honoring and a joyous blessing to someone who comes across my path. Love Mt. 28:9---"I will do what I say..." Fits with David in the Psalms..."Commit thy way unto Him, and He WILL direct your path..." His directions are so perfect....not always pleasant, but perfect! God has never, and never will, fail to do what He says He will. That promise alone just keeps us on our journey -- trudging up this mountain with Jesus walking with me -- no better walking partner, right? Love you all so much and am praying for you so much. Linda"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.