Treasures

Treasures

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

29 and counting.....

Twenty nine years ago and this moment I had checked into the hospital anxiously awaiting the birth of our second child. Jennifer had been safely ensconced with Grandma and we were ready. However, what I didn't realize was that 12 hours later, I would still be in the same situation---laboring. These were the days of NOT knowing what you were having. They were the days of "he-he"blowing and focal points. I have been known to say today that if I were having children now, I would ride into the hospital with a "Say YES to Drugs" t-shirt. And I mean it. 

Making a long, long, story short, Jared Daniel was born at 7:45pm, June 29,1982 and we have loved him ever since. All the pain and suffering that went into the birth of this 10 lb 3 1/2 oz boy was worth it all. He is a "one in a million" man.  God has great things for him and I am, once again, anxiously awaiting to see it all to come be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.