Treasures

Treasures

Friday, November 21, 2014

All About The Boy






This boy. The one who began our journey into grandparenting. The one who wrecked my heart and took the pieces and wrapped them up around himself.  He's having a birthday. 

He has his mothers eyes and his fathers sense of humor.  He turns all my pictures upside down on my walls when he is here.  He has learned from the uncle to "say things" loudly when we go through the drive-thru.  It may reference prison.

He 's having a birthday. You guys!  He is turning 13!

For heaven's sake, 13.  The age that means high school, college and beyond are not that far down the road.  You know that verse that talks about Mary "treasuring those things in her heart"?  I have been diligently paying attention and putting things to mind about this boy's growing up. But, my goodness.....time has flown. It's too fast. I need it to slow down to a creeping crawl.

Noah McKade Clifton....I hope you have the best birthday of all. You are my favorite 13 yr. old and I am mesmerized by you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.