Treasures

Treasures

Monday, January 23, 2017

There's this girl.........





  

Tomorrow is a birthday.  It is the birthday of someone I have been praying for all of her life, though we only met two years ago.  I always knew that she was somewhere in the world. I just didn't know where. 

Through the years I would pray that she was growing up holding onto Jesus. And she was.  

 I would pray that her family loved her tenderly. They did.

My prayer was that she would love and serve the Lord with her whole heart. She does. 

I prayed for all of this because I knew that somewhere in the life of my son, she would appear. And in the perfect timing of a perfect Father, she did. 

Happy Birthday, Katie. I have recently said that you are everything I prayed for and so much more. God says He gives us more than we could ask or think.  He did exactly that when you came on the scene.  

We count you as an added blessing to our family. You fit perfectly in this tribe of people that love fiercely and protect at all costs.  

So, again, with much love and all kinds of Hawaiian  memories between us,  Happy Birthday! 

P.S.---in 186 days I will watch you come down that aisle towards my son, and as my entire family will be present, I will look and listen closely as the Lord fulfills His promise to this mother.....the day you change your name. 


Cannot wait. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.