Treasures

Treasures

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Teach me...

This is the week we go back to school. While I love being at home with no schedule, I secretly love the "going back to school" process. I love school supplies. Some of my favorite memories as a child are going shopping for "back to school" stuff! I adore them. Which probably explains my fettish for pens and notebooks, and I won't get started on my addiction to Post-It notes. I love the smell of sharpened pencils and the feel of a new notebook before all the wrinkles and dog-eared pages occur.  The newness and anticipation of a new year puts a new spring in my step. Every year at this time we get a "do-over". The places where we failed or didn't do our best gets a chance to do it over again. So we make new promises and adjustments praying that we will have the stamina to bring them to pass. It's a new start.

This year I am asking the Lord to "teach me". I did a word search for the phrase and found a plethora of new inspiration.  Maybe not new, it just stood out to me more. Psalm 119 says:

12 LORD, may You be praised;teach me Your statutes.

33 Teach me, LORD, the meaning of Your statutes,and I will always keep them.

64 LORD, the earth is filled with Your faithful love; teach me Your statutes.

66 Teach me good judgment and discernment, for I rely on Your commands.

68 You are good, and You do what is good; teach me Your statutes.

108 LORD, please accept my willing offerings of praise, and teach me Your judgments.


>124 Deal with Your servant based on Your faithful love; teach me Your statutes.

171 My lips pour out praise, for You teach me Your statutes.



I'm asking God to teach me this year. Teach me what I need to see, what I need to hear and specifically what He wants me to do about it. I am the student in a classroom that is never-ending. My Teacher is God Almighty Himself and I am sitting with pen poised in hand waiting to take notes and put into action what I learn. It has been said that "School is a building that has four walls---- with tomorrow inside." Those "tomorrows" that sit in the classroom with me have an eternity. So I need to be a teachable teacher that has learned to trust God--the Master Teacher.


This year when my one of mine asked if we could go "back to school" shopping, I said "Yes!" So with a gleam in my eye, feet to the floor and a spring in my step, we headed out. And I loved every minute

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.